ADVANCED TYPOGRAPHY - FINAL COMPILATION AND REFLECTION


27/08/18 - 26/08/18 (Week 1 - Week 14)
Yeap Phay Min (0331073)
Advanced Typography
Final Compilation & Reflection



INSTRUCTIONS

Exercises

Project 1: Typosexual Typographic Exhibition - Title and Key Artwork

Project 2: Typosexual Typographic Exhibition - Collateral

Final Project: Design, Exploration and Application



SUBMISSIONS

Exercises

Typographic Systems

Fig1.1: Thumbnails of Final Composition #1

Fig1.2: Thumbnails of Final Composition #2





Embedded PDF of Final Compositions (Spreads)


Type & Play - Part 1: Finding Type

Fig2.1: Refined Letter "V" - Final

Fig2.2: Refined Letter "A" - Final

Fig2.3: Refined Letter "E" - Final

Fig2.4: Refined Letter "T" - Final

Fig2.5: Refined Letter "F" - Final



PDF of Final Letters


Type & Play - Part 2

Fig3.1: Final Composition



PDF of Final Composition


Projects


Project 1: Typosexual Typographic Exhibition - Title and Key Artwork

Fig4.1: Final Artwork - Black & White



PDF of Final Artwork - Black & White

Fig4.2: Final Artwork - Coloured



PDF of Final Artwork - Coloured


Project 2: Typosexual Typographic Exhibition - Collateral

1. POSTER
Fig5.1 : Final Poster - Coloured


PDF of Final Poster



2. TOTE BAG
Fig5.2: Final Tote Bag Design - Front & Back

PDF of Tote Bag Design



Final Project: Design, Exploration and Application




Fig6.1: Arrangement of final letters - Fill

Fig 6.2: Final Design 

Fig 6.3: Final Design - Static


PDF of Final Design



Fig 6.4: Final Outcome of Laser Cut

Fig 6.5: Framed Artwork
Fig 6.6: Animation - Final Outcome





REFLECTION


EXPERIENCE

We have finally reached the end of the semester. Throughout all these weeks, I had the experience to design and create various things. There were times where I experienced some struggles with my design but I’m glad I managed to push through it, with the help of feedbacks from the lecturers. Through these experiences I also learned to accept the failures occurred along the way, and move forward to grow from there in order to improve. Overall, I'm glad to got to experience all that was done in this module as it was a good learning experience for me. 


OBSERVATIONS

With the knowledge learned from the module Typography in the previous semester, I observed that it has indeed helped me and strengthen my skills in typography, and I can apply it better in the designs I'm creating during this semester. I also observed that this was beneficial when it came to the exercises and projects that we needed to do as I already knew some of the basics principles of what should and should not be done. 


FINDINGS

I found that I’ve become more observant on the ways type are displayed in a design whenever I see things around me such as posters, billboards, book covers and more. I also gained more appreciation for the typography works I’ve seen as I can tell a lot go thought and process has gone into designing it. I also noticed that the furthers readings done weekly gave me more insight of typography and I gained more inspirations through the works showcased in the books and articles. 



Comments

Popular Posts